Arch I-Beam Pack

Model Arch I-Beam Pack 1.0

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Arch I-Beam Pack:

*Features: 128x128 Corner Model and 4 legs, sizes 64, 128, 256 and 512, seam fit
*Collision mesh included
*3 skins per model (1 neutral, 2 team specific)
*6 mb uncompressed for all files (pack only what you need!)
*Polycount per model:

64u_arch_leg - 428 triangles
128u_arch_leg - 516 triangles
256u_arch_leg - 782 triangles
512u_arch_leg - 782 triangles
128u_arch_corner - 728 triangles

Please read the readme included for credit info.

Thanks!

archshow01.jpg

archshow02.jpg

archshow03.jpg

SuperNerd

L2: Junior Member
May 13, 2009
Looks nice and customizable.
We should be seeing this in maps in the future...

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you know what, i gotta be really honest with you. these and the last ones look really rushed and almost untextured compared to your first ones you posted. i think you went a bit over the top with your work speed here.
they look really flat, colorwise, i think on the first ones you spend much more time on it. it's just a guess, but i get the feeling from the ingame pictures, at least.
and they look too shiny as well, imo. too much specular, imo.
i don't think that you need the models to be that customizable. i think the model looks too much puzzled/stick together with the visible model borders. i mean architecture-wise it wouldn't make much sense to do such a piece in 3 different elements. you know, it doesn't really serve the purpose of supporting the geometry. it looks fragile in itself.

and a last word, i think you should really put all these models in one thread, since it's all the same theme and topic, as well. just to keep it more clearly arranged.

you know, i really don't want to sound harsh or anything, i just think you should take some extra minutes to finetune this beam-pack so it all keeps up with the high quality of your first "beam-release"

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
This is getting me thinking about my alternative BLU scheme. For whatever reason I've been thinking that BLU should emphasize curves compared to RED's sharp angles. This may just be due to the fact that I don't see a tremendous amount of difference between RED's 'angular' look versus BLU's 'orthagonal' look (given that the latter is basically 90º angles anyways). Rounded off concrete buildings with all these I-beams could work out well. Though the displacements might be a file size headache.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
and they look too shiny as well, imo. too much specular, imo.

Rexy's VMTs said:
"[.025 .025 .025]"

.025 is too specular for you? That's like saying carpet is too shiny for you (btw my carpet is not shiny). Now believe me, I know specular; some think I overuse specular in my maps. If were making models for my map, they'd be specular. Crazy specular. And let me say, if .025 is too much for anyone, just open the .vmt and delete that line.

I'm sorry you think I rushed through these...I really didn't.

No one has to use these models...if you don't like them, don't use them. I made these pretty generic and extremely similar to the stock models Valve included. Anyone is free to open the .vtf files and add overlays to the textures...that's part of customization. But trying to do that in reverse is nearly impossible.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
no need to get upset !
was just stating my opinion :)

purequaternion

L3: Member
May 19, 2009
These look fantastic! I'll have to give them a shot sometime.

Oh, yea, how thick are they? It'd be good to be able to mount the little lights on the inside surface.

Last edited: