http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1293763/Soul_Vac_Payload_Model.zip
http://www.fpsbanana.com/prefabs/3866

Screens:
soulvac_01.jpg

soulvac_02.jpg

soulvac_03.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
I think the big round machine thing in the middle should be bigger, so that it is actually too big for it's cart. Right now, the cart seems empty to me, unlike valve's bombcart. I think this will also give it a more TF2-ish feeling. I didn't say I don't like it! I like the idea of the soul sucking thing. :p

Expiriment Kow

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2009
I think the big round machine thing in the middle should be bigger, so that it is actually too big for it's cart. Right now, the cart seems empty to me, unlike valve's bombcart. I think this will also give it a more TF2-ish feeling. I didn't say I don't like it! I like the idea of the soul sucking thing. :p

I have to agree with this and I also would like to say how freakin' awesome the heavy's head is. :)

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I don't like the Heavy's head. It just doesn't look right to me. It doesn't fit.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I like what you added since last time I saw it, the bear trap and the heavy head :p

But yeah, as BDP said, maybe loose the tech railings on the side and get the wood side back like the stock cart. Cause the railings is the biggest problem I see right now. And make the vac bigger, and just throw it from above into the cart and see what will break.

If you dont understand that; As the stock pl cart, make some part broken and the vac too big for the cart. That will add even more epicness. And you know what, why now lean it towards the front. That way it might cover the whole cart so we can get rid of the dynamite box. Since that makes no sense :D

Edit: As psy said, the heavies head doesnt fit where it is at the moment. Maybe put it next to the hose on the dispenser

p.s dont tell them the ending :p

Jive Turkey

L3: Member
Jan 22, 2008
That looks pretty zekzy. I think between the railings and the i-beams it does look pretty spytech already. You might want to make the vac a little bigger to fill it out some, but I think you can just cram it into those existing railings and just have them bend and bow out a little. Maybe make them look stressed or scratched in the skin. And you might want to break up the nozzle a little. I dunno, break off the top or bottom fin. I say that because the particles used for the souls are a little fat and they will hang there for a moment after they reach the cart and might look odd clipping through that narrow nozzle. Then again it might look fine afterall.

Others seem to like them, but I'd lose the bear trap and heavy head. They're amusing, but why are they there exactly?

Other than that I think some kind of mystical idol or tribal fetish (no, not the sexual meaning) object should be on the cart. I was thinking about some kind of mask or something with eyes that glow when a soul is consumed (which you could achieve with particle events). So you can keep the vacuum, like it's there to trap the souls, but then the mask is what turns them into fuel for the cart. Maybe run some wires from it down to the wheels. That would convey that you're using some of the soul's power to drive the cart forward.

But again it looks pretty good the way it is. Nice clean model.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks for all the feedback. I know some of you weren't fond of the hand rails, but I think they can still work, please don't give up on them yet.

I have a good idea for the item for the front of the cart, so don't worry, I know it's empty up there right now, but stick with me and I won't disappoint you.

Update screens for you:

animus_plr_001.jpg

animus_plr_002.jpg

animus_plr_003.jpg

animus_plr_004.jpg

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
WHAT?

How are you so amazing and quick at modeling and making amazing things? I'm confused.

Loving the texture right now and the name. Can't wait to see what you put on the front of it!

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Dude, I love ya :wow: That looks bad ass.

However, I do not like the texture on the hose. Not sure what you can replace it with, sorry. I think it's the amount of checkers that kinda ruins it, not sure :unsure:

Anyhow yeah, keep going. Remember that I can help you with the texturing if need some of the help :thumbup:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Ok gents, small update here, the cart needs to be done tonight (at least this version), so here's the cart in-game with the blu skin. I'll update later when I've finished the red skin.

animus_plr_0001.jpg

animus_plr_0002.jpg