Shabbytown

CP shabbytown b2

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
It's been darn near 6 months since I last updated this map. Actually my server was running a beta 4 version but the version last uploaded here was the very 1st so this "final" version is completely different for the most part to most of the TF2 community. I hope everybody enjoys the changes.

Just a quick bit of info on some of the key game play factors:

No forward spawn rooms on this map. I decided not to since there is a built in short cut players can take and also I wanted the engineers to be heavily involved regarding building teleports. On that note, one of the more frustrating parts of the game IMO is when you are an engi building stuff, quite often you don't get much support from teammates. You are left to deal with protecting your stuff all by yourself often. Okay, fair enough. But trying to defend your teleport exit, sentry and Dispensor is hard enough but to have to try and protect your teleport entry is very hard since it's usually quite a bit away. Thus, I decided to not create no_builds in the spawn rooms, to protect them and allow the engi to focus on advancing his stuff.

This is still technically a work in progress (the final version) so before I do release this final version, I just wanted to get some feedback from you all regarding the no_build spawn room issue mentioned above. Thanks.

I should have the final version uploaded by tomorrow.

Here's are some additional pics:

STF4s.jpg

STF5s.jpg

STF2s.jpg

Last edited:

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
First map I've seen where there was no "no_build" in the spawn room. :U

Nice.

I know. I never see it but I am always hearing the constant bitching no matter which server I play on, about spy's getting to opposite base and taking out teleport entrance. I probably will go ahead and put them back in.

Lazy Eskimo

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2009
Not much resemblance to the beta. You could make a new map with the beta lol.

I went into map and looked at it. The 2nd lvl at middle will have soldiers and demos jump up there right away. They can either have a spam fest at where there's 2 windows missing or go over to above the cp and have a spam fest on the narrow walkway. Anyone who gos to cp on 1st lvl will be at a huge disadvantage vs 2nd lvl.

I think going from one cp to another is a little too quick. The 1st cp is too tight of a area. There's a lot of open field around the 2nd cp and it's a rather basic room. Why isn't the 2nd cp capped at start of game? Someone has to waste their time capping it and miss out on the fun :(

Besides this amazing map.