Shipping Wars

KotH Shipping Wars RC1

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
While you're at it, use these commands to hide your HUD and your viewmodel so your pics are just of the map and not your on screen display and weapon:

sv_cheats 1
cl_drawhud 0
r_drawviewmodel 0
jpeg_quality 100
noclip

You'll need sv_cheats on to use noclip and to hide your HUD. The JPEG quality command will just max out the quality of the compressed JPEG, not a big deal but why not. Noclip will allow you to fly around the map with collision disabled so you can get in the best spots to take pictures.

EDIT: this is the in-game console.

Jul 6, 2015
While you're at it, use these commands to hide your HUD and your viewmodel so your pics are just of the map and not your on screen display and weapon:

You'll need sv_cheats on to use noclip and to hide your HUD. The JPEG quality command will just max out the quality of the compressed JPEG, not a big deal but why not. Noclip will allow you to fly around the map with collision disabled so you can get in the best spots to take pictures.

EDIT: this is the in-game console.

Thanks for the help, Ive added schreenshots of the map and now its called KoTH_ShippingWars :D

LeNitrous

L2: Junior Member
Feb 11, 2015
The name... it... the feels! Can't handle them...
I'm interested on checking this out.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
type this into console

bind F5 jpeg

change F5 to whatever your screenshot key is
Or just use the JPEG mirrors that were already created by the Steam Screenshots system when you took a regular screenshot. They should be in Steam\userdata\[some big number]\760\remote\440\screenshots. (760 is the app ID for Steam Screenshots itself; go figure)

What's wrong with mediafire.
What's wrong with using the massive upload server we created specifically so people wouldn't have to resort to hosting off-site.

I mean, hell, we're already hosting probably 100 times as many maps as the entire Steam Workshop; one more isn't going to break the bank.

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
What's wrong with using the massive upload server we created specifically so people wouldn't have to resort to hosting off-site.

I mean, hell, we're already hosting probably 100 times as many maps as the entire Steam Workshop; one more isn't going to break the bank.

Well for starters I had no idea it existed for people that weren't VIP. The forums doesn't do a very good job of directing you to upload files unless you're familiar with it.

I'll start using it now, but this isn't as obvious as you're making it seem.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
No, it's not obvious at all, and in fact this is half the reason I started a thread calling for a new-user orientation section on the site, but you made it sound like you were advocating continuing to use Mediafire on purpose.