Timbermill

PL Timbermill rc3c

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
Oooh, can't wait to try this map. Just to let you know, rollback technology has improved a lot since it first came out. path_tracks now have flags to mark the start and end of rollback or rollforward zones, and will make the necessary changes to the hud and things like cart speed. They basically do everything for you. Try using that to fix your rollback issues.

takk¥u

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2009
Very nice :thumbup: We are loving it so far.

A few things i noticed after one round:

asasp7df1.jpg

texture flicker
asas2u7iqz.jpg

asasa3vid1n.jpg

asasas5wge47.jpg

asasassa6noelx.jpg

Last edited:

takk¥u

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2009
A few more graphical issues. I know that they're hard to meantion while playing the map, but they are there :D Had no time for stage 3.

1caut6.jpg

2kpuz5.jpg

Overlapping
11xtubh.jpg

Don't know if this is fixable. All gates have these black "things"
12r0up8.jpg

13j6urz.jpg

Imho it would look better if these buildings had more detail on the roof. They seem so blocky. Just an example screnshot. There are many more like that.
14nsur1.jpg

15d4ua4.jpg

16xwuxn.jpg

17l7u8y.jpg

3xqups.jpg

4hxu3w.jpg

Overlapping
52jufm.jpg

6ygunh.jpg

8rruen.jpg

Gutter?
7c6uk9.jpg

Example for blocky buildings
9bwum5.jpg

Flickering
1095uqz.jpg

Overlapping

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
For a rc2 you still have a few graphical oddities and a lot of clipping to improve on! Here's what I could find.

You can see the skybox through this weird displacement

Disconnected light sprites

Fade distance on the iron sheets really low

This prop on the bottom could really benefit from a info_lighting origin change. Also, the wood doesn't go down to the bottom and looks odd. Alternatively, make the door wider to match the actual width of the setup gate.

You should clip things like this so people running along the wall don't get caught on it.

Clip your stairs. All of them. Otherwise your view bounces when running up and you can't jump up it. Every stair in your map needs this! And none of them have it right now :<

Floating rock

Giant rock sticking through the wall

Stairs this tall definitely need to be clipped, 16 units is a big distance for your view to jump

Wood grain not aligned to the beam looks really silly

You should scale your water up to 1. It looks far better, the texture is made to be at scale 1.

Clipping this little ledge from below would be a good idea. Right now, rocket jumping up this chute is hard, because half the time you hit your head of the little ledge.

You should clip these beams along the wall, like the door earlier

This is a big ledge to not have a stair/clip brush to aid walking into it

Floating door motor looks tacky.

The setup gate being smaller than the door also looks really tacky.No harm in making doors bigger to match, it just aids player manoeuvrability.

Not really sure what this is all about. It looks cool I guess, but doesn't make any sense at all. Especially with the box being embedded into the wood at the top and floating

Clip these beams

Should clip the wall along here too. Extra important for being and area next to the cart where people fight a lot.

This area is really cool.

More floating light sprites

Found it.

This staircase should have trims, at the moment it looks pretty silly.

I really like your skybox design, however I can see the edge of skycards in the back. Also scale up your water again :)

Floating box. Also in a really awkward spot.

Wood grain doesn't match direction of stairs, it should run lengthways

Rock coming through the beam

Tonnes of light bleeding. You can fix this by either increasing the lightmap scale of the brushes (by probably too much) or put a blocklight behind the displacement.

This final is really cool thematically.

It's weird how the cart rolls over an empty space and then sits there for half a second before the hook catches it. Should be a trapdoor or something?

I like how you can see stage 1 from here

Clip this doorframe, especially considering how narrow this hallway is.

A perfect example of why you need to scale up your water texture. That tiling man...

Not touching the wall

OHEY It's Dan

L1: Registered
Aug 29, 2014
Yo

I should be getting rc3 out soon, so if anyome has found anything that needs fixing let me know.

Hey infectedfury, Dan here.

Some of the issues I encountered while playing are the following:

Standing

Places that you shouldn't ( at least I think so ) be able to stand on.
I mostly found these issues in Act 2, again I don't think you should be able to stand on these.

Right outside of BLU spawn 1/4

Right outside of BLU spawn 2/4

Right outside of BLU spawn 3/4

Right outside of BLU spawn 4/4

The tree by the first checkpoint 1/2

The tree by the first checkpoint 2/2

Teleporters

After finding out that you can stand on objects that I thought you shouldn't I began to test other things, such as building teleporters in rooms and in other areas you can't access. This was a recurring issue across all Acts.

Act 1

The room that opens to BLU team after the cart has been pushed to the 1st checkpoint

Another shot of me in the area opened to BLU team after cart has been pushed to the 1st checkpoint Also I was able to walk out of the fence, as if it were never there.

Around the same area as the 1st room you could access via an exit teleporter

Another shot of me in the 2nd room you can't access Like the 1st room, I was able to walk out of the fence. Also that giant rock coming out of the wall.

Act 2

Inside the BLU spawn, into Act 1 I wasn't able to access Act 1, because the exit teleporter broke upon trying to go through; but I shouldn't even be able to place a teleporter there anyway.

The big saw room near RED spawn, I believe?

Another shot of me in the big saw room When I tried to walk through the fence, I got stuck on something and couldn't move.

Act 3

Inside BLU spawn, much like in Act 2 Same thing happened, the exit teleporter broke upon trying to go through.

Outside the map

Oh dear. On Act 3 near the 2nd checkpoint, there is a tiny room with a yellow and blue barrel that leads into another room. If you jump onto the barrels and walk forward, you will fall behind them, like so and you end up behind the map!

Walking behind the map

Looking under the map

I also encountered other small issues such as clipping, light sources that don't match up, things not fully connected, and looking under the map. Which can be seen Here.

I hope this helps!

~ Dan

m@lle

L1: Registered
Apr 4, 2014
It´s causing the Server to Shut down / Broke.

Private or Hosted Server = Same Prob. You got this too?