Present Payload Carts (With Gift Tag)

Model Payload and Payload Race Cart Presents 1.0

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
Tagged RED and BLU Payload carts for use in Payload or Payload Race maps.

A version without the gift tag can be found here.

Source files (as in the modifiable ones, not the Source engine) are included in this .zip if you would like to make modifications.

Installation instructions:
MODIFIABLE SOURCE FILES + TF2 FILES:

• Unzip the "sourcesdk_content" and "team fortress 2" folders into "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*Your Steam Name*".
TF2 FILES WITHOUT SOURCE:

• Unzip the "team fortress 2" folder into "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*Your Steam Name*".
Once the files have been unzipped, open up your map in Hammer and place your Payload cart (I recommend copy and pasting the Payload or Payload Race gametype from A Boojum Snark's library of magical voodoo).
Open up the model browser via the bomb prop's "World Model" field, navigate to props_party, and select your new bomb!

For those wishing to use the bomb as a scenic, non-working background prop in their maps, I do not believe that prop_static works (although I may be mistaken). Simply change it to a prop_dynamic and you're set!

Included in the source files are .tgas of both varieties of bomb (plus both dispensers and the wooden cart itself), .bmp and .psd bomb textures without Ambient Occlusion baked in, the 3DS Max files for both bombs and the 3DS Max file for their collision model.

You are allowed to reuse and modify these bombs (obviously, why else would I include the source?), but if you do, please try and give me credit! Thanks. <3

Last edited:

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
I think they look kinda boring without the tag.
That's why I decided to go ahead and make both versions. It was a quick change; took me all of 3 seconds. It took longer to upload the files and make the thread than it was to make the changes and export.
Now people who didn't want the gift tags can have their version, and the people who liked the gift tag can have this version. Everybody wins!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
It's kind of a shame that the tags are so thick. I know it's not possible to make things perfectly "flat" in Source without $nocull, but even if we pretended they were made of white-painted corrugated cardboard or that stuff but spongy stuff they use to make mats for paintings, they'd only be about a half-centimeter thick. These look about ten times that.