Some New Textures

Texture Some new textures 1.0

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
Heres some textures I made for my map ctf_powerhouse. Some of them are derived from HL2 city textures.

I also added a yellow gradient for light beams etc (use with a func_illusionary set to additive).

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
Wow, from just the screenshot I'm fairly impressed. It looks like I'm browsing some actual TF2 textures. Though only a look inside Hammer and TF2 itself will be a real test.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
hell yea. this is what the community needs. good job.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
What do I do is use TF2 colors/textures and then use Photoshop match color and layer merging. Real simple stuff actually but for some textures it works fine,

The floor tile, for instance ,is the original TF2 floor tile but uses a HL2 for the recoloring.

I added in the Control Point too as some people to have trouble using it as a regular texture, but with cool bump mapping added.

poopster101

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2008
noggin i would like to talk to you some more on your techniques

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
From the

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\team fortress 2 materials.gcf

You may have a different directory, i use GCFScape or VTFEdit to open this file type.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
hmm when i add them they show up as: Purple spaces or as White, i placed them in the
\Steam\SteamApps\Username\team fortress 2\tf\materials

Anyhelp??

phatal

Jan 8, 2008
If nothing else I really like the arrows. I had planned on doing this too because you really never know if the arrows mean where the enemy base is or where your base is. :D Great Job!

Pseudo

Jan 26, 2008
hmm when i add them they show up as: Purple spaces or as White, i placed them in the
Steam\SteamApps\Username\team fortress 2\tf\materials

Anyhelp??

These textures need to go in \tf\materials\custom\ . To check what folder a texture must be in to work correctly, you can open the VMT file in a text editor and see what the $baseTexture is set as.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
@ Pseudo: Is it possible to alter the VMT file so I can place new textures in with the base Valve textures? It would be so much easier if I can put them with similar textures. Remembering filters for customdev, custom, customtex, etc... gets old and I forget about some of the textures to be fair since they don't show up under a normal search.

Pseudo

Jan 26, 2008
@ Pseudo: Is it possible to alter the VMT file so I can place new textures in with the base Valve textures? It would be so much easier if I can put them with similar textures. Remembering filters for customdev, custom, customtex, etc... gets old and I forget about some of the textures to be fair since they don't show up under a normal search.

You mean like putting them in a "signs" or "wall" subfolder, for example? Yes, you can place them in a different directory. Simply change the $baseTexture value in the VMT file accordingly, using a text editor.

ryansjake

L1: Registered
May 25, 2008
Awesome stuff man, glad someone made a road texture.

That said, I've used a few of these textures in my map,a nd they look GREAT.

Thanks

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Ack! I was going to redo my map with your brown and blue brick textures but you dont have a window one for the blue style bricks :( :( :(